3LCD BrightEra Color Processor
Sony’s BrightEra panels are designed to deliver enhanced panel light resistance, panel reliability, and brightness for improved color reproduction.
3500 Lumens of Light Output
With up to 3500 lumens of light output in high brightness mode, the VPL-EW455 is designed to produce a clear image, even in high-ambient-light installations.
Six Picture Modes for Optimal Image Quality
The VPL-EW455 has six picture modes, and with its three brightness modes, you can select the combination that works best in your installation.
- Vivid mode emphasizes colors and brightness for an eye-catching image.
- Presentation mode is best suited for use in rooms with fluorescent lighting such as offices and classrooms.
- Dynamic mode emphasizes contrast for enhanced colors, particularly on white surfaces.
- Whiteboard and Blackboard modes are optimized to deliver clear images on a whiteboard or blackboard in classrooms without a projection screen.
Dual HDMI Input Terminals
With two HDMI inputs, you can use both traditional sources and wireless input adapters without switching plugs.
With Sony’s air-discharge system, the fan emits less than 35 dB during operation in high-brightness mode.
Network Presentation via LAN
When the projector is installed in a LAN, presentations can be shown from any Windows or Mac computer on the network. Up to four users can project computer images simultaneously, while up to eight users (seven via wireless connectivity) can connect to one projector.
Designed to Blend In
The slim 3.8″ case features a flat-top surface designed to blend into the ceiling when mounted.
Rear Lamp Access for Simplified Maintenance
The lamp-access panel is in the rear of the projector, making it easier to access when the projector is hanging from a ceiling mount.
You can customize the input label that appears in the input menu on the screen, giving you a clear understanding of which source you’re selecting.
IP-Control Sync Function
Control signals (power on/off, input selection, etc.) received from a master projector can be distributed to additional projectors on the network.
Three Wireless Connection Options
The VPL-EW455 supports three different methods of wireless projection for enhanced flexibility:
- Wireless projection directly from a computer with an optional wireless module for the projector
- Wired connection to an access point with the computers transmitting to the access point wirelessly
- When using an optional wireless module to connect to the access point wirelessly.
The lamp can last up to 10,000 hours in low brightness mode.
Auto Mode (Auto-Brightness Adjustment)
The brightness of the lamp is automatically adjusted depending on the brightness of the projected image to avoid unnecessary power consumption. When showing darker images that don’t require high brightness, lamp output decreases.
The VPL-EW455 can temporarily disable video-signal output with the touch of a button on the included remote control.
The VPL-EW455 is equipped with a lamp-dimming function, which dims the lamp by approximately 15% after 10 seconds of a static signal feed. If the projector is left powered-on while not in use, it will dim the lamp to as low as 30% of total brightness after a set period of time to further reduce energy consumption.
ECO MODE Key
With a single push of the ECO MODE key on either the projector or remote, you can select the ECO mode of your choice.
From $ 250